Squash is back – again!
As England moves to Step 2 of the COVID Spring Recovery plan, squash makes it long-awaited return this Monday 12 April and we can’t wait to reopen and see you back on court.
What can I play?
As with all indoor sports, squash clubs are only allowed to reopen in Step 2 for the following activities:
- solo practice or one-to-one coaching for adults
- same household play including support bubble (as defined by Government)
- out-of-school setting (OOSS) activity
Therefore, Courts will re-open on Monday 12th April. Access will be from 6pm as the Stamford School boarders are still using them during this half-term.
The following Social Distancing Guidelines must be adhered to:
- Anyone, displaying symptoms – new continuous cough, high temperature, loss or change in sense of taste or smell, must not play.
- Anyone who has a family member with a vulnerable disposition they should not play
Changing rooms are not to be used.
- Only Courts that have been booked via Club booking system can be used, no ad hoc usage of Courts.
- Record of usage for 3 weeks kept on record.
- All players to arrive at Courts changed and ready to play.
- All players of same household to have hand sanitisers and to use before and after game.
- All common surfaces to be wiped before and after play eg: door handles.
- Players to refrain from wiping walls with hands, during game if this happens then surface must be wiped with an anti-bacterial wipe.
- Court duration is 45mins, 40 mins playing and 5mins to clean and leave building.
- No loitering in foyer after game
- Court 1 to start at 5.45pm. Court 2 at 5.50pm Court 3 at 5.45pm & 4 start at 5.50pm
- No more than 4 people on the balcony at any one time.
- Players arrive at allocated/booked time not earlier.
- No movement of players to different Courts on a round robin basis
- Internal Leagues postponed indefinitely
- No Club nights until restrictions lifted.
Guidelines are reiterated by England Squash – that must be followed in order to play, to keep you and fellow players safe:
When will squash return to normal?
We anticipate that squash as we know it will return to normal once lockdown restrictions are relaxed on 21 June (Step 4) – assuming it all goes to plan!